Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Oscar Challenge

Special Entry : 001


Part of my bucket list is to watch all the films that were nominated for Best Picture in the Academy Awards.  Right now there are about 520 nominated films and I want to watch all of these.  Though, I believe there was one lost film (The Patriot, 1928) that we may no longer see.

My Challenge

Watch and review all the Oscars Best Picture nominated films.   Then I will decide which among the nominated movies should have gotten the Best Picture for a particular year.  It’s like saying, “Oscars give me your laundry list of nominees for this year and I will decide which one is the best.”   Because somehow we really don’t find Oscars decisions satisfactory.


The Challenges I Foresee
  • There are 520 films.  That means if I can watch at least one of these films a week it would take me 10 years to finish all and that does not include the nominations in the future.  I better start immediately then.
  • Lost and hard to find films.  According to Wikipedia one film was already lost so I can do nothing about that, who knows after 10 years they might unearth The Patriot in a basement of a dead producer.  The main challenge here is where to get the materials, I do hope some are in Netflix or at least in YouTube.  If you do have a copy of something I can’t find please lend it to me.


What’s Not Part of the Challenge

I will only watch and review those that were nominated for Best Picture category, so this does not include nominees for best documentary, best short film, best foreign language film, best animated film.  Unless, of course, a movie was also nominated for Best Picture like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Toy Story 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment